We have witnessed in the last few weeks, the global spread of COVID-19 is impacting us in all aspects of our lives and communities. Our thoughts are with those affected by the virus and the health care workers on the frontlines of this pandemic. We hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy.
Pacific Coast Oral & Maxillofacial Solutions care deeply about our patients, our staff, and our colleagues. Our goal is to continue providing the best patient care possible while safe-guarding the health of our staff and ourselves. As established by our College and the Provincial Health Authority, we will be available but limiting our operations to urgent and emergency cases only.
- Uncontrolled bleeding.
- Uncontrolled severe pain.
- Uncontrolled infection.
- Urgent dental concerns that have the potential to deteriorate quickly.
If you have any of these, we consider your condition to be an emergency.
If you are a new patient, please refer to the following:
All visits to our office are by appointment only. If you have a family dentist, please make your best effort to contact your dental office first for appropriate triaging. We will need a referral from your dentist. This will help determine whether you meet the criteria set by our Dental College and by the Provincial Health Authority, regarding emergency dental treatment
If you are a new patient or existing patient, and you have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever, cough, difficulty breathing/shortness of breath
- Recent travel
- Close contact with anyone with the above symptoms or anyone with recent travel
Please inform us for your safety and for the safety of our staff. We can discuss further via phone consultation regarding your next step.
Here is a useful link for self-assessment. There is also an app you can download to your mobile device.
For those patients that have an appointment, here are some points to consider:
- Please come by yourself if possible. If you are underage, you can come with your guardian. If you have medical conditions requiring assistance, you can bring additional person to help you. Our goal is to maintain social distancing.
- Please come by yourself if possible. Minors and adults with medical conditions requiring assistance will be allowed to have another individual accompany them.
- Please call us when you arrive at our parking lot. We will contact you when we are ready for your appointment.
- We will perform pre-operative COVID19 screening when you arrive
- We require updated radiographs in order to provide you with appropriate consultation and treatment. We will have to take new imaging if you do not have a diagnostic radiograph within 6 months.
For our existing patients, our goal is to see those that have emergency dental needs, so as to minimize the number of dental visits to the hospital emergency department. All other non-emergent and non-urgent patient appointments will be rescheduled. We apologize if we had to cancel your surgery or follow-up appointment because it does not meet the emergency criteria. If you are have any concerns or questions regarding your appointment or your post-operative healing, please do not hesitate to contact us any time.
Through these unprecedented times, we would like to thank you for your understanding and patience as we ensure the necessary precautions are in place to protect both you and our employees.
We recognize that this is a challenging situation that is changing on a daily basis, but rest assured, we are staying up-to-date with the latest information and guidance from our college and our provincial health authority.
Please stay safe and be kind to one another – let’s get through this together.